Craftsman LT1000 Steering Bushing

Daveyoneusa

Forum Newbie
Threads
I see a lot of links for information on the plastic steering bushing/coupler at the end of the steering column where it meets the steering box. What I can’t seem to find is the bushing that’s on the other side of the gear. It’s between the gear and the steering arm and passes through the steering box mounting bracket. It’s about 1 1/2 inches long and has a flat spot on top that matches a flat spot on the bracket. It has a 3/4 inch bore. It slides over the bolt that holds it all together. Mine has cracked right in half where it passes through the bracket.

Is that bushing still available?

Thanks for your help!

Dave

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The LT1000 was both made Husqvarna and MTD so the model number is important from the serial number tag. But I am getting blue in the face having to constantly ask for equipment model numbers.

Daveyoneusa

Forum Newbie
Threads
The LT1000 was both made Husqvarna and MTD so the model number is important from the serial number tag. But I am getting blue in the face having to constantly ask for equipment model numbers.
Got it! Thanks StarTech. I ended up finding a bushing on eBay this morning. I will use the model number on future posts. Sorry about that. 🙏🏼