Craftsman leaf blower 358.797170

WallaceRoger

Threads
I picked this Craftaman leaf blower up as part of a bulk purchase of various non-running mowers and string trimmers. It seems like a decent machine and I found a manual over at manualslib.

It wouldn't start and was making a rattling noise so I pulled it apart and discovered the cylinder was loose (no compression, obviously). I guess the headbolts backed out over time or someone overheated it and when it wouldn't restart they gave up. Piston and cylinder look fine, no scoring or anything. The head gasket is the weirdest thing I've ever seen, it's actually just a thin silicone ring. I found a rebuild kit photo online and confirmed that's reallt it.

I can't find the headbolt torque specs anywhere. Any thoughts or good guesstimate? I want to get it running to sell it.

waylonJ

Threads
Great work so far. Personally, I would give them a decent snug tighen and call it done.

dougand3

Threads
Agree. Gutentiten. Assume you mean cyl is loose from the pan. And you can use Motoseal between pan and cylinder.

WallaceRoger

Threads
I decided to just give them a good hand tighten. Now to get it all back together. Thanks guys