Export thread

Craftsman gt 6000

F

Fedexman2

Hey guys my craftsman gt 6000 was running great mowed all day and was sitting there idleing and just shut off ! I checked fuel fiter i could blow through had plent of gas coming through the line but wont start unless i put gas in the carb does it have a fuel pump if so where is it located . By the way my nuts backed off my starter and it fell off too but guessing thats not the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated model 917.255980. Thanks

B

bertsmobile1

Does it run after you start with gas down the carb or just use what you pour down then stops again.
If so check the solenoid under the carb ( if it has one )
There is a plunger that shuts off fuel to the main jet that retracts when you turn the mower on.

F

Fedexman2

Does it run after you start with gas down the carb or just use what you pour down then stops again.
If so check the solenoid under the carb ( if it has one )
There is a plunger that shuts off fuel to the main jet that retracts when you turn the mower on.

It only runs what I put in it and I don’t think it has the solenoid

S

SidecarFlip

What a preventative maintenance person. Starter falls off....duh.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

What a preventative maintenance person. Starter falls off....duh.

Side Car this forum is to HELP people NOT put them down ................ Jeeez.... I was hoping my last post on this forum wouldn't be this one ......

I thought you were friends with us on here ????

B

bertsmobile1

Have a look under the carb,
Just about every engine post 2010 will have one fitted

BlazNT

BlazNT

Unless it has been changed it has an opposed twin. Your fuel pump should be attached to the carb. Rectangular box on the front of the carb.

Boobala

Boobala

Side Car this forum is to HELP people NOT put them down ................ Jeeez.... I was hoping my last post on this forum wouldn't be this one ......

SIDECAR ....... lighten up, as suggested by Bou .........

9261896049eca52e2617df751a57bee1--funniest-quotes-sorry-quotes-funny (Small).jpg

S

SidecarFlip

I was brought up to accept that the Lord helps those that help themselves. In this case having a starter fall off is blatant disregard for basic maintenance. Motors vibrate and fasteners loosen up, what a wrench is made for.

When I read comments like that I always wonder if the poster even bothers to change the oil and filters. I was a bit crass and one reason i don't comment all that much. I live by the 'you cannot fix stupid' philosophy.

I gloss over probably 95% of the posts on here because most I find amusing but without merit.

F

Fedexman2

Thanks guys I’ll check it out