Price Check Craftsman DYT 4000

nick9

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a Toro Timecutter MX5060 and am trying to sell my old mower. I've put it on a page or two but ain't getting many bites. Any help with pricing would be appreciated(too high, too low, not enough cowbell). I have it priced at $750, expecting to get dickered down to $600.

Craftsman DYT4000
25hp Kohler Pro V-Twin
160-180 hours on mower and engine
48" 10 gauge Deck
Bought new late 2005
Right rear fender located hydrostatic controls
Blade belt and blades new in 2013
Oil, filter, and air filter changed yearly

Thanks in advance,
Nick

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nick, some regional differences...I believe you have an advantage with the Kohler. Mine is the Intek and I doubt I could get $500 here although it runs well now. I've got over 700 hrs on it new in 2004.

nick9

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nick, some regional differences...I believe you have an advantage with the Kohler. Mine is the Intek and I doubt I could get $500 here although it runs well now. I've got over 700 hrs on it new in 2004.

Thanks for the input. I left the price where it was on the other pages but posted it at $600 on a forum I frequent and got a hit pretty quick. It involves a little horse trading and a third party buyer but if it works out I'll get my price.

nick9

Forum Newbie
Threads

As an update, I traded my mower. On outward appearances we would both seem to have had $700 or thereabouts in our trade value, but, when all is said and done I will get somewhere in the area of $550 when I cash out. The Kohler engine definitely helped seal the deal.
Thanks for your input!