Craftsman dark green color match

nbpt100

Threads
Can anyone suggest an off the shelf spray paint that closely matches a 20 yr old AYP Craftman in a dark green?. I tried Rustoleum Dark Hunter green and it was not dark enough.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Probably be the Husqvarna Dark Polo Green.
1693758313721.png

4getgto

Threads
Ever take notice paint doubles in price when it says "equipment" on it...

nbpt100

Threads
Yes, that is a pretty steep price. Especially for a guess. It is frustrating that spray paint does not have accurate color chips like house paint does. The cap colors are so deceptive as to what it actually sprays. I was hoping someone would have a Krylon or Rustoleum color that I can buy at a local store.

4getgto

Threads
Yes, that is a pretty steep price. Especially for a guess. It is frustrating that spray paint does not have accurate color chips like house paint does. The cap colors are so deceptive as to what it actually sprays. I was hoping someone would have a Krylon or Rustoleum color that I can buy at a local store.
Seems to me I too used the "hunter green" to touch up a Craftsman blower of the same color and wasn't a good match.
And no you can't go by the cap color on the spray cans. There are places out there that will do custom colors mixed in a spray can but you'll be looking at 20-35 bucks a can..that's a lot for a cup and half of paint (12oz).
I know some paint stores like Ace do custom colors but don't think they mix enamel or lacquer base paint. Though it would be worth a shot I guess..

4getgto

Threads
Didn't watch it but might be of some help..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just like cars, mowers fade over time depending upon how much UV they are exposed to
So even the factory paint will not be a good match after 10 years

nbpt100

Threads
Didn't watch it but might be of some help..
Thanks, very good content in the video. A little long for what it is but still the content seems like perfect info. I concur with the video maker that the Dark hunter green is not a good match. I did use it because I had a customer ready to buy the mower and they did not care about a two tone color. In the future I will get some of the Duplicolor Ford Deep Jewel Green. Most economical for touch up work. Thanks. I do not buy directly from Amazon so I won't try their offering he also recommended. If I saw it at a yard sale or similar I may try it.

This is exactly how message boards should work. Someone share some info they have that saves you eigher time or money. Hopefully both. Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The standard "trick" used by panel beaters is a layer of very high gloss, polish then a second coat of very high gloss
This of course makes the surface very shinny and masks small variations in colour unless you are looking at it in moonlight