Craftsman Cone Clutch

Lockheed

Threads
I got a really old mower and I have looked everywhere for a replacement cone. No luck. So I thought maybe I could put some leather on it. Here is my question. The "Bell" side doesn't look as though it ever had material on it and the "Cone Side" is kinda like brake material. Should I try to adhere the leather to the "Bell" side or the "Cone Side" or is there another option? The 'Cone" part number is 35231. The mower works fine other than this.
Cone 1.jpg

Lockheed

Threads
Model 536.81998
I wish I knew who made these mowers for Craftsman. They probably used this same clutch on other mowers that were not Craftsman. It would be a lot more part numbers to look up.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for posting your model number, Numbers we need to locate information for you.

Last edited:

Lockheed

Threads
Thanks for posting your model number, Numbers we need to locate information for you.
So this is the same one? or will it need to be modified?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1624914665564.png
Not finding pn 35231 under the Murray line so that mower was probably made by Western Tool and Stamping. Take this with a grain of salt as some of the Murray file got lost during the time when Murray Ohio was going of business.