Craftsman 5.5 Push weedtrimmer engine swap?

Yeah, if they are the same engine. You will need to get familiar with model/type/code numbers and online parts lookups..
 
I have same problem. Craftsman 5 HP walkbehind trimmer. I tried to Sub with another motor. The trouble with this is the flywheel weight. If you want to find out JUST take off the blade on a good mower and you will find it will KICK back very hard. and may not start at all. I going to try to use the heavy cast iron flywheel and put it on a regular motor.
A friend thinks I know how to fix stuff- so he dropped off a very neglected Craftsman rolling weed trimmer that has Craftsman 5.5 engine. The thing was filthy as can be, had milk in the crankcase, carb full of junk, valve burnt and bent......

I see many craftsman lawn mowers on craigslist for cheap with same 5.5 or larger engines....is there any reason I can't easily swap an engine from one of those mowers unto this trimmer? What do I need to look for for easiest swap?

Thanks for any help you can give

whats best thing to do with leftover parts?
 
Back
Top