CRAFTSMAN 16 HP BRIGGS TWIN CYINDER FLAT HEAD WON'T CHARGE THE BATTERY

op8

Forum Newbie
Hello everyone!
I'm new member here, and would like to fix this old hydrostatic Craftsman 16hp lawn tractor. The last couple years I have to charge the battery before every lawn cut. This year I got a new battery, worked good for a month, but won't start again without 10-15 minutes charge. Two wire coming out from under the flywheel one charges the battery, the other goes to the lights. At the plug I measured 28volt AC on both wires from the alternator coil. What could be wrong? At this point, I would appreciate some help from this forum.
 
sounds normal to me!!! You need to post more details and some model numbers, and we will be able to help!!!!!
 
Welcome to LawnWorld! :welcome:

We moved your thread to the Electric & Battery Powered Equipment forum.
 
Back
Top