Correct belt for Encore?

JoeKarpowski

Threads
Good morning, all....

I have an older model Encore Pro-Series 32" walk-behind, model #32B100, serial #30682. A guy down the street has fallen on hard times and is cutting yards to make $$$ while he waits to hear from a prospective employer, but he only has a 22" push mower so I'm going to give him the Encore once it's ready. I am having trouble finding the correct blade belt. The Encore part # I found is 323003. However, that belt is 5/8" x 81". The belt that came off the mower is only 1/2" and about half as thick as the 323003. I have adjusted the tensioner as far in as I can, but the thicker belt will not allow the pulley to move far enough to engage the blades, I can only move the handle forward about 1/2 the distance needed to get the blades to engage. I cannot find a part # for the thinner, 1/2" belt. Other than that, the mower is ready to go. Any ideas, besides putting the old belt back on? TIA

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is outside circumference of the old belt? Someone may changed the flat idler to a none spec one. But with the old belt OD should be able to convert back to the B (5/8) belt. But according Encore the B78 belt is the correct belt.

Also measure the new belt you got as I have belt spec'd is not the belt you get. I had lots problem with belt being shorter than spec'd. I just had that problem on a JD last week where the JD was to 141.7" but the new belt from JD was only 139"

JoeKarpowski

Threads
What is outside circumference of the old belt? Someone may changed the flat idler to a none spec one. But with the old belt OD should be able to convert back to the B (5/8) belt. But according Encore the B78 belt is the correct belt.

Also measure the new belt you got as I have belt spec'd is not the belt you get. I had lots problem with belt being shorter than spec'd. I just had that problem on a JD last week where the JD was to 141.7" but the new belt from JD was only 139"
Good point, I will check that when I get home from work. Thanks!