Converting Self-Propel to Push, as simple as it seems?

OutdoorEnvy

Threads
  • / Converting Self-Propel to Push, as simple as it seems?
So I went ahead and decided to drill some holes in the deck so the B&S engine would fit and got it installed. The brake cable is awfully tight using the original snapper cable. I think I'll drill a new hole about half an inch from the current hole to lessen the tension on it. I did have to move it to the other side of the handle as well. But other then that I just need to get a 21" high lift blade and it will be ready to use. I sprayed the bag down pretty good with the hose and it looks much better then it did. The makeover restoration will be next months project. I am excited to see how it mows though now that I can use it :)

So here it is...ugly but in a nice way I think, it's kind of Christmassy with the red and green, haha! The green engine cover will be painted white when I refinish the deck and handle. That should match nicely as I've always liked the white engine look on the old snappers.

17797191741_214ce2ec8c_c.jpg

Snapperfreak

Threads
Looking good, I agree the shroud would be best white. It's cool turning things into just the way u like them. Drilling a hole here or there is ok if it gets the job done.

OutdoorEnvy

Threads
Looking good, I agree the shroud would be best white. It's cool turning things into just the way u like them. Drilling a hole here or there is ok if it gets the job done.

Yes it is. And this way since I'll use it a few times before the paint I will have all drilling done and have it the way I want so I shouldn't have to do anything else after I paint.

OutdoorEnvy

Threads
So I got a new blade yesterday and since I was going to have to drill a new hole to mount the blade cable I decided to pull the cable from the Lawnboy as well since it attached much better to the engine than the Snapper one. I mounted it on the backside of the handle so you can't see it from the front and it's out of the way of the bag. I'll paint it white to match the handle and it should blend in well. The tension if just right now.

17854367892_1256967b60_z.jpg

17669739800_800320ac4c_c.jpg

17236865213_eccb7870b1_z.jpg

So it is ready to mow! And wouldn't you know we are in for a week of rain :thumbdown:

OutdoorEnvy

Threads
Well I got to mow with this the other day and it bagged and cut great. I have thick Bermuda and bagging has always been a problem with it being too thick to cut low and bag. I was able to mow twice as much in between baggings. the first time I emptied the bag it was full and stuffed so tight I had to reach in and pull grass out. I've never had to do that before. I got a kick out of it. It desperately needs new wheels, especially the front ones. That will be next and the new paint. I am very pleased with the job it did though. So far so good.

logan01

Threads
Very cool. I like the green for some unknown bizarre reason. Kermit fetish?:smile: