Export thread

Compressor Question

B

bill18163

I am going to install a new compressor in my pole barn. The one I have now is air cooled and 30 gal. The new one is not air cooled. It has an oil bath gear case. On the old one I have a ball cock in a drain line to drain the accumulated water out of the bottom of the tank. I want to do the same to the new one when I set it up. I have the drain piping with the ball cock pointed down at my concrete floor with a street ell. Over time the draining has not made much of a mess except for some rust stains on the floor. Since I want to put the same type of drain on the new compressor I have some concern about the mess it might make on the floor over time. I suspect some oil will come out of the bottom of the tank along with any accumulation of water. I don't know how much to expect though. So has anyone had this experience? What should I expect? If it will make a mess, does anyone have any ideas on how to contain the air drain outflow so I won't have a lot of oil on the floor?

B

bertsmobile1

How much water is totally dependent upon what the humidity is on the days when the compressor is running
Nothing stopping you from putting a different cock in the hole for the current drain cock and running some tube to a drain outside
IF you use it a lot then run the tube to some mint that will enjoy the extra water & taste good in lemon juice .