Compression tester

Like I said a brand name or a cheap mowers both cut grass. It all depends what you are going to do with them. If I have to depend on a tool for a living its not going to be from Harbor freight. There are a lot of top quality tools out there besides snap-on also. Now that I am retired and no longer use my tools as hard or as much any more, yes I buy mine from Harbor Freight. Yes I can sure see a difference between Snap-on and Harbor Freight. Harbor Freight are throw away tools when you break one. Now as far as air tools went, back when I was using them every day I bought CP because they were rebuild-able. I really don't know that much about air wrenches anymore because mine are over 20 years old and don't use them much .
 
As I said. In another thread, I would look into a cylinder leakage tester, if I could afford it. No only will it tell you if you have a cylinder problem, but where it is. Are you loosing compression through the valves, head gasket, or rings. You will be able to diagnosis before you start a teardown.
 
Careful, CP at Harbor Frieght means Central Pnuematic NOT Chicago pneumatic. Different company, different quality.
 
Back
Top