Commercial 30 Wheel Speed

Wiretap

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just got my new commercial 30 home. If you place the engine speed in the mowing detent with the throttle lever, there is no way a person can stay behind the machine other than a slow jog. Is there any way to slow the road speed down while keeping the blade speed up? thanks.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just got my new commercial 30 home. If you place the engine speed in the mowing detent with the throttle lever, there is no way a person can stay behind the machine other than a slow jog. Is there any way to slow the road speed down while keeping the blade speed up? thanks.

What Commercial 30 are we talking about???

Wiretap

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is the Exmark Commercial 30.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is the Exmark Commercial 30.

You can adjust the drive to the speed you like by loosening the the drive cable on the handle and sliding the cable either up or down. You'll probably have to play with it to get the correct or preferred speed you like. The Toro Turf-Master works the same way. It sounds like they have it set for as fast as the thing can go.

Wiretap

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks....the salesman told me to just float the bail to adjust to a comfortable speed. I think its designed to fully compress the bail against the handlebar while mowing. I will try to move the cable sheath for more slack and re-clamp.

Wiretap

Forum Newbie
Threads
Found that by slacking up the drive cable sheath the machine accelerated extremely slowly and would not drive up the trailer ramp. Ended up taking it back to the dealership for a refund on an Exmark Viking 36" walk. It uses rods instead of cables.