Cold and Snowing

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Woke up to -2 wind chill -14. High today +14 if we’re lucky. Forecast snow tonight and if things continue to improve we should get above freezing on Monday. Haven’t seen that since last Wednesday. Three blowers waiting to be worked on, but won’t heat the shop until it’s above freezing.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Boy I am used to Tennessee clearing the roads but not this time around. One land plowed on the state road. County is a solid sheet of ice now. Got freezing rain coming in so things are going to get worst before better. 23F in Huntsville, AL. We are about five colder than that here. Glad the wind is not blowing.

dougand3

Threads
North AL. Today we're supposed to go above freezing for 1st time in 5 days. I bet this is a once in 50 years event for here. Normally snows 2-8", warms up and can drive safely in 2 days.
Star, may get more freezing rain, coming from Memphis.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Doug do remember the '93 snow storm. 13" at the airport but I had over 3-4 feet drifts in front my home at the time. Road grader was stuck there for two weeks. County dug a path thru with a front end loader but zig-zagging so drivers kept meeting the middle. lots of cussing. Snow was piled up to over 8 ft after they dug that path.

My Nashville boss at the time tried to have me fired for not going to clients offices when I couldn't get out my own driveway. He was mad at one point I told if he could down and prove that I was lying I would gladly quit. He never showed up but I took pictures just in case.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
I thought us dropping to 6* overnight was cold, with freezing rain & snow. You guys have cold..

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve seen snow faces like that when snowmobiling, so I believe the second picture. Those bears were supposedly seen in northern Wisconsin, but I think someone got stuck surfing the internet while stuck inside.