Export thread

CMM1200 Won't Start After Blade replacement

M

Mogadishukim

I just paid for 2 new blades (B & D oem) for my mower, since I ran over a lot of 3/4 gravel a few years back and damaged the old . Needed a fresh blade to mow newly planted grass. My mower worked perfectly fine before. To change the blade, I set it on it's side, removed the blade and parts, then installed new one. Mower sat on its side overnight. Have I messed up the battery? The charger appeared to work as it changed from red to green after charging for over 4 hours.

Any ideas?

M

mechanic mark

Mark’s Electric Mower: Common problem with CMM1200: Broken Hinge Pin on the Switch Lever

Always read and follow instructions in owners/operators manual when changing blades, etc. Never leave mower on its side, always return mower to upright position after performing maintenance.

M

Mogadishukim

"Always read and follow instructions in owners/operators manual when changing blades, etc. Never leave mower on its side, always return mower to upright position after performing maintenance."

Thanks, Mechanic M ark Wish I could find the manual. Mower is probably close to 10 years old if not older, but has had some recall updates. Is this worth repairing since it has been a great mower thus far?

Are you saying it is a broken hinge pin on the switch lever or was that for another's post?

Kim

M

Mogadishukim

Actually, the recall covered this, and completely changed the switch to a side push button, grab bar start.

M

mechanic mark

Actually, the recall covered this, and completely changed the switch to a side push button, grab bar start.

Not necessarily, but you need to check it out to see if it is the problem.

M

Mogadishukim

Not necessarily, but you need to check it out to see if it is the problem.

I don't know what not necessarily refers to, but I guess I will take it in for repairs. The link you sent is not my starter mechanism. Mine was retrofitted with the new one that I described with the side button,not the side plastic pull lever. Can or do THOSE button start machines also have hinge pin issues? I turned it on the side where the starter mechanism was in the air, not on the ground and it worked perfectly prior to blade replacement.

M

mechanic mark

I don't know what not necessarily refers to, but I guess I will take it in for repairs. The link you sent is not my starter mechanism. Mine was retrofitted with the new one that I described with the side button,not the side plastic pull lever. Can or do THOSE button start machines also have hinge pin issues? I turned it on the side where the starter mechanism was in the air, not on the ground and it worked perfectly prior to blade replacement.

Check out on/off switch visually, look for reset button near switch.

M

Mogadishukim

Check out on/off switch visually, look for reset button near switch.

Nothing external. Perhaps opening the housing there is a reset button. I could have damaged the connector putting the key and/or charger in wrong, in which case I would need a replacement for that, I suppose.

M

mechanic mark

Nothing external. Perhaps opening the housing there is a reset button. I could have damaged the connector putting the key and/or charger in wrong, in which case I would need a replacement for that, I suppose.

Reset should be external. Check out electrical system with a multimeter tool. If you don't have a multimeter you can purchase one just about anywhere, check online for pricing. Instructions should be included.