Repairs Clutch won't engage

bhalm1

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK, I'll order P/N 398661 Diode Pigtail from my dealer. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I am a bit confussed, but I can only assume that this thing ran with the regulator. Because that is the way it came into my shop. Oh well, I'll be glad to get it running.

Thanks for you help . . . Bill

Threads
OK, I'll order P/N 398661 Diode Pigtail from my dealer. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I am a bit confussed, but I can only assume that this thing ran with the regulator. Because that is the way it came into my shop. Oh well, I'll be glad to get it running.

Thanks for you help . . . Bill
I'M WONDERING IF IT HAS THE ORIGINAL ENGINE ON IT

bhalm1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have ordered part number 398661 this is not the Diode Pigtail. It is two wires w/solderless connectors, the wires are one red and one white, no diode. I have asked my dealer to order part number 393537 Wire/Connector-Alternator (Tri Circuit). Apparently the parts manual has some typos. Will let you know how it turns out.

Threads
I have ordered part number 398661 this is not the Diode Pigtail. It is two wires w/solderless connectors, the wires are one red and one white, no diode. I have asked my dealer to order part number 393537 Wire/Connector-Alternator (Tri Circuit). Apparently the parts manual has some typos. Will let you know how it turns out.

OK THE PIGTAIL YOU HAVE SHOULD BE RIGHT. THE DIODES ARE INSIDE THE PIGTAIL. THERE SHOULD BE TWO HUMPS IN THE WIRE WHERE IT SPLITS FROM ONE WIRE INTO 2 WIRES. THE RED WIRE IS FOR YOUR PTO. THE WHITE WIRE WOULD BE FOR HEADLIGHTS IF SO EQUIPPED. THE PART YOU ORDERED IS THE ACTUAL ALTERNATOR THAT IS LOCATED UNDER YOUR FLYWHEEL.

bhalm1

Forum Newbie
Threads
No, no humps, no diode in the package. Just two wires and two solderless connectors.

I'll let you know how it turns out. I will visit my dealer this Saturday if I don't here from them sooner.

Bill

bhalm1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I received a call from my supplier today. He call his distributor and request the diode pigtail as illustrated in the parts manual. It turns out that the diode pigtail is part number 691955. You might want to make a note in your parts manual. I will be picking it up and trying it out to see if the clutch pulls in. I will let you no how it turns out. Thanks - Bill