Clover

Threads
My spouse wants to rip out all of the grass on the east side of the house (facing a certain neighbor) and plant plain clover. The thought is, it won't grow as fast or long as grass but will still be nice to walk on. Is this feasible, and how would one do it?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only problem I have found with walking in clover is... the little white flowers attract lots of honey bees... and if you have bare feet you will know:mad: when you step on one... KennyV

Bethieboo

Threads
Ouch, that is a good point about the bees. I do not think that pain clover flowers for very long though. I suppose it depends where you are living out. I can think of some places I want to do something similar.

Threads
I can live with honey bees. Especially given the honeybee issues. I was reading about parts of China where the pollution is so bad that there are none and the agriculture has to painstakingly pollinate with feather dusters.

Homesteader

Threads
I never thought of that. That's an excellent idea, for us as well as for the bees and honey. I have some kind of ugly weedy looking grass what won't die, but I bet clover would take care of it.