Choosing mower

Jluig

Forum Newbie
Threads
Having a hard time making decision. I mow 13 lawns only two are what I consider big(take about 1 hr with 33” walk behind) have no desire to grow business due to current retail job. My House has HOA so small 4x8 trailer is as big as I can go (has to be inside garage, with wifes car) would like a 36” zero turn stand on, ride on or walk behind but the current 33” club cadet does not give a good clean cut(which the two large lawns don’t care) so if the better higher end don’t mulch much better I wouldn’t be interested. my 21” mower is medium priced SAM’S club mower with Honda engine that still mows good.
1. go with a 36” and save time on big yards and use on smaller ones that I can?
2. Save the extra money and just Upgrade small mower with more power and better mulching commercial grade?
Yearly revenue about 10k

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Toro do the time cutter in 36" and I think JD do the 225 in 36" as well
36" is a std garden gate
Lots of Rear engine riders in the 24"to 36" size range.
Also tru some different blades on your Cub.
Not every blade is suitable for every type of grass.

cruzenmike

Threads
You might want to look at the new Toro Proline 36" hydro walk behind mower. Yes it is going to be pricey at around $5000 but it reverses, has the option of a 2-wheel sulkie and with a deep deck, 14.5hp engine, it is bound to give you a very nice cut. Here is a link for the mower:

Also, I think that this type of mower will also give you the option of using a side bagger like an accellerator which are not too expensive but gives you the added flexibility of catching what you don't to spread out in heavy mowing conditions. You can also add an operator controlled discharge chute or a true mulch kit.

As an alternative you could also see any of the other commercial mower manufacturers for a hydro walk behind in that 36" range. A 36" stander is going to cost you a bit more and will not be as "safe" in very damp conditions as it will rut more than a lighter walk-behind (lighter = you not standing on it).