Cheap carbs

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If I had to purchase online (I have my suppliers as I work in the industry) I guess I would give Jacks Small Engines a try. I their service is half as good as their website, they should serve you well. Because your engine is so old, you will have to use the spec number of 105000F, to locate any parts needed. Part numbers I posted will work for both your engines. Can't believe there are no dealers in your area who will not sell you these parts, even the worst dealers around here will be glad to sell parts any day of the week, especially if you have the part numbers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for your analysis. I was asking a general question and I was looking for a general answer. I did not know that there had to be that specific. If I had known all of the factories in China and India I would have named them. BTW, you misspelled Americans and carburetor.

To everyone else, thanks for the input.

Although he did not answer your actual question either, Rivets has your problem in hand so I won't add any thing to it.
And yes fingers slipped in one to may i's in Amercians, humble apologies, but Carburettor is a word of French origins and has 2 t's every where else in the world except the USA.
IT comes from the word Burette, also French, also a volume metering device.
carburettor Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Piddler

Threads
I finally had time to work on my chipper today. I replaced the the needle and the seat in the carburetor. I also replace the primer bulb and the main nozzle tube.

The primer bulb is still not working. I have to give it a shot of carb. cleaner to get it started and it runs fine. If I cut it off, it will not restart without a shot of cleaner even when warm.

I let the carburetor body soak in cleaner for a couple of days and blew out the orifices with compressed air.

Any ideas? Thanks, Pete

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Piddler , If you can pull up some of the articles in this forum via search you will see that the pro's often suggest probing in addition to softening (carb cleaner). The probing should be done with a softer probe like copper or brass wire, although some do it with oxy-acetylene tip cleaners. In addtion I have seen that so called "welsh plugs " are sometimes used. These cap the "drill thu" passages and may allow rifle bore type clean out. The welsh plugs I have seen can resemble freeze plugs on auto engines or be lead. Usually staked in after the passageway is cleaned. Pro staff should now edit my remarks...:laughing:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Three things to check. 1. Remove the primer hose and push the primer bulb with the end of the hose next to your cheek. If you feel air coming out then we know the primer bulb and line are good. 2. Second did you set the float level slightly rich as I talked about in my procedure? This will help with priming. 3. If these two items are correct then I feel that the main nozzle and jet you removed when cleaning are not installed correctly. You may not have gotten push all the way in, causing an internal air leak. Just an opinion.

Piddler

Threads
I removed the carburetor and checked the float level and made sure the nozzle was pushed all the way in. The primer bulb is still not working and the engine will not start without a shot of carb cleaner. It starts fine after it has warmed up. I am going to use it until I finish my fall clean-up and work on it later.

To make sure that I understand, should I feel a bit of air at the port where the hose attaches when I mash the primer bulb?

Thanks, Pete

VT JD

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a FYI. Here is a knock off carb I have had good luck with from Ebay. This is for a 10 HP Tec but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from this seller. The carb was cheaper than the complete rebuild kit.

Seller: top-power-motor ( 5084 )

Item title Price Shipping price Qty Item total

US Stock CARBURETOR New For Tecumseh 632370A Fit HM100 HMSK100 HMSK90 Engines ( item: 311358208437 transaction: 583367430021 )

US $19.99