Changing Drive Belt on Cub Cadet LT 1050 Question

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Drive belt replaced. Complete deck rebuild, new spindle assemblies, new pulleys, new deck wheels, new blades. CUTS GREAT !!!:smile:

Thanks for all the input
Doug

You didn't tell us how you did it. Did you take off the PTO?

Did you jack it up?

Answers that you were looking for when you asked the question and can help the next guy trying to do the job. Thanks...

tred1956

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I set the front wheels on cement blocks, this gave me clearance to get to belt. Yes I took the PTO off (Cheated and bought me a new Craftsman electric 1/2 inch impact wrench), figured the older I get the more I will need it. Once bolt was loosened, unplugged power wire and PTO came off with no problem Also bent the tabs back to slip belt on and off. I was afraid to attempt the removal of motor. Other than that everything else was straight forward. Hope this helps
Thanks again
Doug

KrashnKraka

Threads
Hi,
I set the front wheels on cement blocks, this gave me clearance to get to belt. Yes I took the PTO off (Cheated and bought me a new Craftsman electric 1/2 inch impact wrench), figured the older I get the more I will need it. Once bolt was loosened, unplugged power wire and PTO came off with no problem Also bent the tabs back to slip belt on and off. I was afraid to attempt the removal of motor. Other than that everything else was straight forward. Hope this helps
Thanks again
Doug

Good One:)
To do with ageing?
I have taken to colour coding (by date) work done on my power tools,
and road vehicles. Road marking spraypaks work in tight places and
are hard wearing enough between repairs to keep track. Also provides
a record in the case of outsourced workshop repairs.
And antiseize on all threads helps with tendonitus ;-)

Go Well.

KK