CC ZT142 Drive Idler Spring Keeps Jumping Off

Threads
My neighbor's nearly new Cub Cadet ZT142 has an issue where the Main Drive Idler Spring keeps falling off. The belt looks like new, has no issues and, watching it running after reassembly, the belt runs smoothly across the pulleys while the idler pulls constant non-hopping tension. I flipped the spring end-for-end and that helped. I also pinched the 'U' portion of the spring where it loops onto the frame to make it less likely to fall off. Both changes have reduced the frequency of the issue from almost immediately to once every couple of weeks but it keeps happening. The idler lever mechanism swings easily with no binding.

My gut says something has got to be making the idler bounce causing the issue. I can freely spin the plastic idler when putting the belt and spring back on. There's no bearing 'catch' in it spinning it by hand. The issue seems to happen after a few minutes mowing. Is there a chance the idler bearing/bushing (whatever it has) is heating up and binding intermittently then it cools off after he's called & I get over there? His lawn is flat with no hills or bumps.

Part of me wants to somehow 'tie' the spring in place on both ends so it can't come off but that can't be the root cause of the problem. Hoping someone has seen the issue before and knows a fix. Thanks