CC LT50 cutting in reverse

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most of all, it saves wear and tear on your PTO clutch.

But, do be safe! Be aware of what is around you at all times!

ukrkoz

Threads
Of course. I am fully fenced, no pets. Only countless mole mounds.
Gods, I'm so glad I have this solved..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Welcome to the world of multiple acres, always seems something you gotto go around. Here I have 6 acres but I either a mower with floatation tires or hovercraft style mower. I have got stuck in my front yard 5X this week alone. Weeds are over a foot tall now. Probably be late April before it is dry enough for me to mow.

ukrkoz

Threads
Well, I have 6 acre/25% wet land. It's mowable 5 acre or so due to build outs and driveway. Donno what floatation tires are. I use my CC on upper tier and more or less flat surefaces. I pull 60 inch flail with my Pioneer 1000 over wet areas, what is about 2+ acre, maybe a bit more. It does not care, goes through mud and puddles like they are not there.
I got caught in that mowing year one, when we just moved in, and it was raining non stop until grass got my then riding mower deck height. And all I had was 05 42 inch deck Craftsman. It was PAINFUL.
I went through 2 ZTRs and ended with flail and UTV. Grading is terrible, very uneven. ZTRs were killing me, it was so bumpy. With UTV, I am at least 4 corners independent suspension. Plus, never get stuck.

ukrkoz

Threads
It works. Not as much faster as I thought but, handy.
Also, mower threw belt Saturday and took me an hour to figure how to put it back on. Just to find out that it was twisted on the tensioner pulley backward from the factory, thus confusing me. Even with diagram. had to take tentioner apart to fix it. No, it could have not twisted on its own, there is solid metal bracket on tentioner that prevents belt from doing that.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have seen belts to get even on those setups. Even when a 5/8 in place of 1/2 they can get twisted. I know as my personal mower has done it several times in the last couple years.