Export thread

Cause and effect

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

I seem to have oil leaking out of the governor arm, which come out at the top back of the engine. (Only when it's running, of course). And it comes out pretty fast. Enough to puddle on the top of the mower deck after only mowing a 50X30 ft lot.

I'm guessing, the seal has to be replaced from the inside? But before I get into that, I was thinking that maybe there was too much pressure inside the engine, and was blowing it out. How do I check that?

Briggs 12M902 2451 E1. 4.5hp

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

I seem to have oil leaking out of the governor arm, which come out at the top back of the engine. (Only when it's running, of course). And it comes out pretty fast. Enough to puddle on the top of the mower deck after only mowing a 50X30 ft lot.

I'm guessing, the seal has to be replaced from the inside? But before I get into that, I was thinking that maybe there was too much pressure inside the engine, and was blowing it out. How do I check that?

Briggs 12M902 2451 E1. 4.5hp

Nevermind, I found the problem.

S

shiftsuper175607

Nevermind, I found the problem.

Share, so other can benefit from your experience.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

The hole where the breather tube connects, was clogged up. It wasn't allow the engine to breathe through the PCV.
20180719_142824.jpg