Carburetor/gas issues?

Rickcin

Well-Known Member
I have a Toro recycler with a Tecumseh engine and the only problems are always related to the carb needing to be cleaned, at least according to the repair shops.
I run the mower dry for the winter, treat my fuel with stabilizer and always use premium fuel.

What else could I do to prevent his problem???

The local Walmart sells ethanol free gas at there gas station, should I be using this? Or, as the owner of a repair shop stated, how often does that gas move, it could be sitting around in the tanks and gone bad?

Are there any good answers out there?? Thanks
 
First I keep mine full not empty. I use non ethanol only. Bad non ethanol is better than ethanol any day. If you empty it then water has space to enter and cause problems. that is why I keep it full and no ethanol.
 
First I keep mine full not empty. I use non ethanol only. Bad non ethanol is better than ethanol any day. If you empty it then water has space to enter and cause problems. that is why I keep it full and no ethanol.

Good point, thank you!
 
Back
Top