Carburetor flooding out

Born2Mow

Threads
It only holds like 1.5 quarts right? People with mowers act like they are filling a big rig Diesel oil sump up with 24 quarts. Change the oil if the dipstick smells like fuel.

slomo
I started out in a sports car shop. A customer came in with a case of oil and wanted the oil changed on his 1965 XKE Jag 2+. It's a 3L straight 6, not that big of an engine.... but it took all 24 quarts !!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I started out in a sports car shop. A customer came in with a case of oil and wanted the oil changed on his 1965 XKE Jag 2+. It's a 3L straight 6, not that big of an engine.... but it took all 24 quarts !!
Wow, was there a hole in the oil pan? LOL

slomo

Born2Mow

Threads
XKE had that low nose and very sleek cowling. Because of that, I think the radiator was undersized, and so the extra oil carried off a lot of engine heat. BMW does the same thing on their "Oil Head" boxer engines.

88880_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

donens2018

Threads
As someone has already said, pull dipstick and smell for gas in the oil. Based on work I've done on grain augers with Kohler twins, had numerous where crankcase completely full with gas/oil. So much so, that the engine won't even turn over due to extreme compression. If this is the case, first do a complete oil change so you can continue with troubleshooting.