Carb needed for Toro Mower (Walkbehind)

Silverfox57

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a self propelled Toro mower that needs a carberator. The Toro part number is 77-9630. The Briggs and Straton number is 497721. It's my understanding that they do not make this anymore. Can someone out there please help? I love the mower and would like to keep it.

twinfords

Threads
is carb that bad? you cant rebuild it? what model Toro mower?

Silverfox57

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your reply. I have checked around from Maine to Alaska and there are no parts to be found. I carried the carb to work with me last night and cleaned it real good, I reinstalled it this morning and prayed that would work. After putting gas back in the mower and checking for leaks, I tried cranking it and to my amazment it cranked on the first pull. At the present time the mower is running fine. I just pray it will last another 13 years. LOL!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are not doing so already, please start using high octane NO ETHYNAL fuel. This will extend the life of the carb.

Silverfox57

Forum Newbie
Threads
I normally use the cheap gas, after all it's just a lawn mower. I have never thought about using the better grade fuel. If that will help I will use it for sure. Thanks for your input.