Export thread

Carb needed for Toro Mower (Walkbehind)

S

Silverfox57

I have a self propelled Toro mower that needs a carberator. The Toro part number is 77-9630. The Briggs and Straton number is 497721. It's my understanding that they do not make this anymore. Can someone out there please help? I love the mower and would like to keep it.

T

twinfords

is carb that bad? you cant rebuild it? what model Toro mower?

S

Silverfox57

Thanks for your reply. I have checked around from Maine to Alaska and there are no parts to be found. I carried the carb to work with me last night and cleaned it real good, I reinstalled it this morning and prayed that would work. After putting gas back in the mower and checking for leaks, I tried cranking it and to my amazment it cranked on the first pull. At the present time the mower is running fine. I just pray it will last another 13 years. LOL!

R

Rivets

If you are not doing so already, please start using high octane NO ETHYNAL fuel. This will extend the life of the carb.

S

Silverfox57

I normally use the cheap gas, after all it's just a lawn mower. I have never thought about using the better grade fuel. If that will help I will use it for sure. Thanks for your input.