Export thread

Carb leaks behind air filter.

S

solefate

I'm working on a featherlite weedeater. It starts and runs, but fuel leaks from behind air filter through this hole. It's bugging me to no end. Any ideas?

M

motoman

Post the model number and send a pic. What hole? Fuel should not be present in liquid form running out.

B

bertsmobile1

I'm working on a featherlite weedeater. It starts and runs, but fuel leaks from behind air filter through this hole. It's bugging me to no end. Any ideas?

:welcome:

Untill you post the model & serial numbers all you will get is ideas.

Some trimmers have an external vent tube which hooks up behind the air box.
Some have a valve on them others don't.
So if the trimmer you have has a valve on it it might be malfunctioning.
The primer bulbs have a valve on them and if it malfunctions you can build up excessive pressure in the fuel tank causing it to leak.

S

solefate

:welcome:

Untill you post the model & serial numbers all you will get is ideas.

Some trimmers have an external vent tube which hooks up behind the air box.
Some have a valve on them others don't.
So if the trimmer you have has a valve on it it might be malfunctioning.
The primer bulbs have a valve on them and if it malfunctions you can build up excessive pressure in the fuel tank causing it to leak.

Sorry guys, didn't realize my first picture didn't post. It's a Featherlite FX26SCE. Since it's recessed in a little, I figured it is supposed to feed some gas, but it's spitting out like crazy.

nl6gb8.jpg

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

That hole is actually supposed to take in air. It has something to do with the "choke" mechanism on these engines. One of the numerous check valves in your carb is probably stuck.

You could try to fix your current carb, or you could replace it for $20: ebay.com/itm/Carb-For-FX26SCE-SST25CE-Gas-Trimmer-Weed-Eater-Featherlite-Craftsman-Carburetor-/391260895714?hash=item5b18f779e2:g:w~kAAOSwLqFV9pVh[/url]

Yes, I know, it's from China. But the OEM carb is probably made in China anyway.

S

solefate

That hole is actually supposed to take in air. It has something to do with the "choke" mechanism on these engines. One of the numerous check valves in your carb is probably stuck.

You could try to fix your current carb, or you could replace it for $20: ebay.com/itm/Carb-For-FX26SCE-SST25CE-Gas-Trimmer-Weed-Eater-Featherlite-Craftsman-Carburetor-/391260895714?hash=item5b18f779e2:g:w~kAAOSwLqFV9pVh[/url]

Yes, I know, it's from China. But the OEM carb is probably made in China anyway.

Okay fair enough. I could probably only sell one of these cheapos for 25 or 30 anyway lol. Plus I don't like that choke lever. Appreciate it!

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

If you don't want a new carb, I can guide you through the process of lubricating the check valves. Can't guarantee that will fix it, but there's a good chance it will.

S

solefate

If you don't want a new carb, I can guide you through the process of lubricating the check valves. Can't guarantee that will fix it, but there's a good chance it will.

I'd definitely be willing to try for the experience, thanks!

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

I'd definitely be willing to try for the experience, thanks!

Then let's get started! Pull the carb off and disassemble it. Then post pictures of the main body of the carb from all sides. I will circle the check valves and tell you how to lubricate them.

S

solefate

Then let's get started! Pull the carb off and disassemble it. Then post pictures of the main body of the carb from all sides. I will circle the check valves and tell you how to lubricate them.

69kx7o.jpg
2jfy45.jpg
2zgdtg5.jpg
219uviu.jpg
6egegi.jpg
24xig6t.jpg

Attachments

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Those pictures are just what I need. Good job! :thumbsup:

So here's what you'll need:

If you want the thing to run good when you are done, install a new carb kit. You will need a Zama RB-142 carb kit. You can probably get it locally, but if you need to order one here are some links:

$8, ships from the U.S. ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Zama-Carb-rebuild-kit-RB-142-for-C1U-W32-model-carburetors-free-ship-/131789853309?hash=item1eaf49927d:g:rdMAAOSwiLdWAuTJ
$4, ships from China: ebay.com/itm/Zama-RB-142-carb-kit-for-C1U-W32-C1U-W32A-Carburetors-Fits-Poulan-530039235-New-/141725766987?hash=item20ff83954b:g:GXsAAOSwzgRWxBrq

You will also need a primer bulb that looks like this:

and some fuel line.

You will need some carburetor cleaner and an air compressor would be great if you've got one. :cool:

Tell me how many of these things you have and I'll start walking you through the process. :smile:

S

solefate

Those pictures are just what I need. Good job! :thumbsup:

So here's what you'll need:

If you want the thing to run good when you are done, install a new carb kit. You will need a Zama RB-142 carb kit. You can probably get it locally, but if you need to order one here are some links:

$8, ships from the U.S. ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Zama-Carb-rebuild-kit-RB-142-for-C1U-W32-model-carburetors-free-ship-/131789853309?hash=item1eaf49927d:g:rdMAAOSwiLdWAuTJ
$4, ships from China: ebay.com/itm/Zama-RB-142-carb-kit-for-C1U-W32-C1U-W32A-Carburetors-Fits-Poulan-530039235-New-/141725766987?hash=item20ff83954b:g:GXsAAOSwzgRWxBrq

You will also need a primer bulb that looks like this:

and some fuel line.

You will need some carburetor cleaner and an air compressor would be great if you've got one. :cool:

Tell me how many of these things you have and I'll start walking you through the process. :smile:

I have a brand new bulb, new lines, carb clean, and an air compressor with a gun on the end. Carb kit will be later :)

BlazNT

BlazNT

I have a brand new bulb, new lines, carb clean, and an air compressor with a gun on the end. Carb kit will be later :)

Then take in out of its misery.:laughing::laughing::laughing: