Carb kit for TB525ec

Ocean909

Threads
The carb is a walbro WYL 280 009. The needle has a viton tip and the carb has a metal seat. I believe the kit should be k20-wyl but the needles seem to lack the rubber tip. Does walbro make a kit for this carb with the viton tip? I'd really hate to spend $10 on the gaskets and another 10+ just for the needle.

Thanks to all who reply.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What makes you think the needle is plain ?
I have over 80 different cube carbs kits and am ye to come across one that does not have a viton tip on the needle
Some have a sliver sort of lubricant / preservative on the viton so they look like they are plain but all of those kits have rubber tipped needles .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1685346734523.png

With silver color they use on the rubber tip it is hard to see that it is rubber but it is used as a wear indicator later as the red under will show.

A note on the new ethanol resistant primer listed, it is black so; therefore, you can't see thru it.

Last edited:

Ocean909

Threads
Thanks for the reply. This is the needle I have that's from a k20 kit I had in my stash. Sorry about the how blurry it is but I can't see or feel any rubber.

Attachments

• needle.jpg
    needle.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 8

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Even from the blurry picture I can tell it has a rubber tip.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Put you big glasses on then get a sheet of glass or a tile
Press the needle down at about a 45˚ angle and you will see it bend .

Ocean909

Threads
So I got my strongest readers out and there is no tip on this K20-WYL needle. I'm not sure if I got a factory dud or what. I got my wife's camera that has a better lens and took a snap of a needle from a k20-WAT on the left and the K20-WYL on the right. Both were wiped with brake clean to remove any silver coating. I got another K20-WYL coming so hopefully its correct.

Attachments

• tips.jpg
    tips.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 8

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well that is a first for me. I have yet to received a defective needle valve in a kit but anything is possible as you see.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What he said
I used to get my kit from Dave Chan who seems to have vanished so I now buy from CTS direct.
Probably gone through several hundred WYL kits and never seen one without a rubber tip