Export thread

Carb kit for TB525ec

O

Ocean909

The carb is a walbro WYL 280 009. The needle has a viton tip and the carb has a metal seat. I believe the kit should be k20-wyl but the needles seem to lack the rubber tip. Does walbro make a kit for this carb with the viton tip? I'd really hate to spend $10 on the gaskets and another 10+ just for the needle.

Thanks to all who reply.

B

bertsmobile1

What makes you think the needle is plain ?
I have over 80 different cube carbs kits and am ye to come across one that does not have a viton tip on the needle
Some have a sliver sort of lubricant / preservative on the viton so they look like they are plain but all of those kits have rubber tipped needles .

StarTech

StarTech

1685346734523.png

With silver color they use on the rubber tip it is hard to see that it is rubber but it is used as a wear indicator later as the red under will show.

A note on the new ethanol resistant primer listed, it is black so; therefore, you can't see thru it.

O

Ocean909

Thanks for the reply. This is the needle I have that's from a k20 kit I had in my stash. Sorry about the how blurry it is but I can't see or feel any rubber.

Attachments

StarTech

StarTech

Even from the blurry picture I can tell it has a rubber tip.

B

bertsmobile1

Put you big glasses on then get a sheet of glass or a tile
Press the needle down at about a 45˚ angle and you will see it bend .

O

Ocean909

So I got my strongest readers out and there is no tip on this K20-WYL needle. I'm not sure if I got a factory dud or what. I got my wife's camera that has a better lens and took a snap of a needle from a k20-WAT on the left and the K20-WYL on the right. Both were wiped with brake clean to remove any silver coating. I got another K20-WYL coming so hopefully its correct.

Attachments

StarTech

StarTech

Well that is a first for me. I have yet to received a defective needle valve in a kit but anything is possible as you see.

B

bertsmobile1

What he said
I used to get my kit from Dave Chan who seems to have vanished so I now buy from CTS direct.
Probably gone through several hundred WYL kits and never seen one without a rubber tip