carb jetting question for B&S 2 cylinder engine

keakar

Threads
ok the jets i had from the carb rebuild kits were small and the one i used in the carb was a little larger then those but the one i found with the bigger hole was just a tad bigger then the other one so i used that and it seems to run pretty good now.

but i dont think it still has full throttle. it just seems too quiet and rpms are lower then i would expect but its hard to tell and it seems good and strong and no longer struggles when blades are engaged like with the medium sized jet.

if i had to guess i would say it maybe runs about 2/3rds rpms that i would expect it to at the fast throttle setting now. but then its fairly new and being a twin maybe it is just a very quiet engine

im gonna call it fixed at this point and if she struggles in tall grass then i will bit the bullet and just buy the $25 jet for it

end result working on this mower is

- the governor arm needed replacing

- someone took the carb apart and lost the main jet and put it back together like that blowing up the in the process

- they also lost the bolts for the intake manifold so i had to dig through my spare bolts bucket to find the right length ones for it

- the cooling fan was busted up because the cover was loose with half the bolts missing on it so i had to dig through my spare bolts bucket to find them

all this on a 3yr old lawnmower but its all fixed the right way now, with the possible exception of the questionable jet issue

keakar

Threads
Yeah you are right. Saw the engine number but didn't see the o e barrell thing. My bad please disregard. First mistake of the day. Only 10 more to go.
its cool, it is and easy mistake to make since its very unusual as far as i know for a twin to have a single barrel manifold and carb

the twin carbs can be bought brand new for only $25 and once and a while i have to swap out the old choke arms so the linkages match but otherwise they are very good carbs