Can I use a John Deere Ignition Switch in My Dixie Chopper?

mechanizm

Threads
  • / Can I use a John Deere Ignition Switch in My Dixie Chopper?
Ok, I bought a new ignition switch for my FREE Dixie Chopper but it won't shut-off the engine unless I jiggle it, just like the old crappy switch. So I have to return the pos.... BUT I have a spare ignition switch from my John Deere with 7 prongs (two are for the lights I THINK) but the five main prongs are the same configuration as the Dixie Chopper switch. Will it work in the Dixie or will I short something out? THANKS

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Very slim chance. Usually they are different. Just because look the same don't mean they internally configured the same.

But will either the mower model (the real model number) or part numbers to cross reference the switches.

mechanizm

Threads
Very slim chance. Usually they are different. Just because look the same don't mean they internally configured the same.

But will either the mower model (the real model number) or part numbers to cross reference the switches.
they won't cross-reference... it's just that the deere has two more leads coming out of the switch i assume are for the lights. the other 5 leads are in the exact same configuration. I was hoping that I can plug the Dixie harness into it and just ignore the other two leads.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well stubbornly with holding the requested makes and other info make it where no one can even try to help you. Switches have make/break combinations that vary from switch to switch design. Two of basic brands are Delta and Indak switches. Delta alone has over 20 different configs. And Indak has even more configs.

Personally I not going to waste my time trying help you any more on this subject.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
reported

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most JD parts are proprietary and will only fit their stuff.