Buying Used Commercial Walk Behind - Advice

fmont29

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking at an older Lesco Commercial 48 Walk Behind. Comes with side bagger and sulky. It has a kawasaki motor with electric start and is hydro drive. 660hrs on the hour meter. What should I inspect before purchase? He wants $700 for it... Thanks!

MowLife

Threads
Check out hydro drive well....this is the most costly if needs replacement. Ride it around and see if it pulls the same on both sides. Look for leaks around pumps and wheel drive. Of course check the motor out.

jp1961

Threads
That's a lot of hours. I wouldn't buy it.

Regards

Jeff

Code54

Threads
The hrs are not bad for a commercial mower. Most guys get 1000 (often a lot more) hrs on the Kaw. motors. They are nothing like a residential Briggs.
Check the hydros - make sure they pull evenly and are strong without a lot of whine. Check the spindles on the mower and make sure they are tight. Make sure all the grease nipples have been greased (good indicator that proper maintenance was preformed). Tires should be fine with those hrs. Also check the deck for bends/cracks/etc
Good luck

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That's a lot of hours. I wouldn't buy it.

Regards

Jeff

4 hours a day 5 days a week 50 weeks a year for 5 years is the sort of life commercials are designed to run.
Lots of commercials around pushing 10,000 hours.
here is a reason why they cost 5 times the price of domestic mowers.

khr76

Threads
before buying , check it how many hours its run on..... check few part which make more cost to replace

but i suggest dont buy used one because its used heavily