Bunton 48" Kohler 14HP.

trail twister

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had a Bunton 48" mower with a 14 HP kohler given to me. It was a non starter but a new coil fixed that problem and it now starts and runs fine.
the blades are very dull and I have a spare set to put on so I can use the mower while I find time to sharpen the dull blades.

I was told the mower had been in storage for 10 years after the Previous owner had a heart attack. I can not get the blades off useing the normal methods.

Are the bolts for these blades Left hand turn to remove?

Al

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
For the most part right hand discharge uses right hand threaded bolts. and left hand discharge uses left hand threaded bolts, with some exceptions where there is one of each on the same deck.

Do you just the bolt/nut on the bottom or are they the through bolt with the nut on top. Sometimes those will really tighten up in use and I will guess after 10 years could also have some corrosion in the threads. Will most likely take blocking the blade and using a really big wrench to remove them. Either breaker bar or a high torque impact wrench.

Worked on a Ferris years ago with the through the spindle bolt and you could put nuts on finger tight without using a wrench, and three months later would take a 1 inch 1600 lb/ft impact to remove the nuts.

trail twister

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the reply.
Took the shaft to a friend with some big tools and we found it to be a thru bolt.

Al