Bumpy ride continued

Rludington

Forum Newbie
Threads
I asked for suggestions on what mower has te best ride to smooth out those bumps in the yard that jar my old bad back. But considering my x570 is but 4 years old with only70 hours on it... I don't think my better half would be to happy with another large purchase. So maybe switching out the Seat to a suspension seat of some kind.
Now the questions:
What suspension seat would fit my jd x570 ? And obviously, the seat pressure switch would need to transfer into it. Being the current switch is located in the back and not the seat part, I'm not sure they make a seat where that would work.
TIA

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mower seats are not Lazy-Boys. You have to sit like you are on a horse. Ready to move quickly to keep your balance.

Lower tire pressure a bit. Slow down while cutting. Better yet, fix the problem with your unlevel yard slash pasture. Rent or have a buddy with a tractor and box blade for example to level it out. You are going to spend several hundred on a seat and several hundo more for a suspension seat. Use that money and level the farm out.

Mowing an unlevel yard is tough on the machine. Fix the problem. Like us you are only getting older. This issue is not going away with a suspension seat and a bad back.

Last edited:

Honest Abe

Threads
I asked for suggestions on what mower has te best ride to smooth out those bumps in the yard that jar my old bad back. But considering my x570 is but 4 years old with only70 hours on it... I don't think my better half would be to happy with another large purchase. So maybe switching out the Seat to a suspension seat of some kind.
Now the questions:
What suspension seat would fit my jd x570 ? And obviously, the seat pressure switch would need to transfer into it. Being the current switch is located in the back and not the seat part, I'm not sure they make a seat where that would work.
TIA
does your seat have the adjustable coil springs on it ? If so, move them around and see if that helps a bit . . . .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
does your seat have the adjustable coil springs on it ? If so, move them around and see if that helps a bit . . . .
Worth a shot but to me it's a Band-Aid. Level the pasture and be done with it totally.

How big of a plot are you mowing?

Honest Abe

Threads
Worth a shot but to me it's a Band-Aid. Level the pasture and be done with it totally.

How big of a plot are you mowing?
I agree that the ground should probably be leveled; but, for what it's worth I changed out the JD OEM coils springs under the seat for a pair of Ferris and the ride is 10 times smoother. The JD coils were to dang stiff . . . .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I agree that the ground should probably be leveled; but, for what it's worth I changed out the JD OEM coils springs under the seat for a pair of Ferris and the ride is 10 times smoother. The JD coils were to dang stiff . . . .
OP has a bad back.

Honest Abe

Threads
OP has a bad back.
as do I (2 lower back and 1 neck surgery), and the spring change on my X585 made a world of difference on my 2+ acres. Just putting this info out there as a possible temporary remedy until the ground gets smoothed out . . .

Rludington

Forum Newbie
Threads
The coils might be a good temporary, but I'm dealing with tree surface roots too. Can't really dig them up. Where did you get the ferris coils ? I only have about an acre.

Honest Abe

Threads
The coils might be a good temporary, but I'm dealing with tree surface roots too. Can't really dig them up. Where did you get the ferris coils ? I only have about an acre.
I got them right at my Ferris dealer. I also have a IS2600Z that I use for the basic lawn cutting, and it rides smooth. Post a photo or two of your seat and the coil/rubber bumpers. A lot to be said about the old Spring mount tractor seats. You might bounce a bit but you didn't normally get your teeth knocked out . . .

Last edited: