Export thread

Brushwacker 636.796231 carb?

J

joea99

Found a old Craftsman Brushwacker 636.796231 in the barn. Knowing who owned it, probably almost no use, but, it is looking pretty filthy and gummy.

Did a quick search and did not come up with any references to the carb, either entire or rebuild kits. Since it is so old it says 16:1 for the mix, I doubt I would want to use it beyond my current need to clear out a lot of overgrowth, etc.

Suggestions?

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

carb is NLA, but the part number is EC04-0663A

J

joea99

carb is NLA, but the part number is EC04-0663A

Thanks.

So . . . unless I can find an aftermarket, plentiful and easy to find for other models, it's for scrap?

J

joea99

Thanks.

So . . . unless I can find an aftermarket, plentiful and easy to find for other models, it's for scrap?
** Looks to be a Robin/Subaru engine. Still no luck finding an aftermarket.

<Any idea who made the carb and/or the engine? That might help me find something.>

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Looks like Jacks has all the parts in stock, https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/manufacturer/ROBIN/engine/ec/ec04/carburetor
However, before spending any money on it i would remove the muffler and/or spark plug, use a flashlight to help you see better, and check the condition of the cylinder walls. Not worth putting a new or rebuilding the carb if it's got no compression.