Export thread

Brush Cutter blade?

metz12

metz12

So, i'm going to get a brush cutter blade for my craftsman 32cc weed wacker. i was just curious if any of you guys knew what size it should be? should it be big like 10" big? or small like 7 1/2"?

im looking at this one: Tri Arc Steel Blade Homelite McCulloch Trimmer Brushcutter Sabre Textron | eBay

and this one: New 10" Brush Cutter Trimmer Blade 3 Tooth 1" or 20mm Arbor Free Shipping | eBay

thanks in advance.

metz12

metz12

nobody knows? i didnt know if the 7.5 would be too small and having the rpms go way too high on the thing. just a curiosity because the small one is cheaper then the other blade. i'm not trying to dump alot of money into the thing because i got it for free and i had to buy a carb for it.

B

bassadict69

My 32cc Craftsman bit the dust after about 15 years so I replaced it with an echo. I think I still have the brush blade, washers, etc. for it. If I do, I would be more than happy to ship it to you!

B

bertsmobile1

It ill depend upon what type of shaft Bent or strait and what type or drive, cable or rod

M

motoman

metz, stand by...I had a Ryobi with the straight shaft and clicker aattachment brush blade. That blade somewhat resembles your second source. When Ryobi went (RIP) I bought a lowly Sears Weedwacker 32cc -2stroker with click and VOILA ... the Ryobi shafted brush cutter snapped right onto the weedwacker. If it would help I can measure the center hole of the blade.

M

motoman

metz, stand by...I had a Ryobi with the straight shaft and clicker attachment brush blade. That blade somewhat resembles your second source. When Ryobi went (RIP) I bought a lowly Sears Weedwacker 32cc -2stroker with click and VOILA ... the Ryobi shafted brush cutter snapped right onto the weedwacker. If it would help I can measure the center hole of the blade.

B

bassadict69

Berts, mine was a straight shaft and as far as the drive, not sure. The string head simply unscrews from the shaft and you replace it with the blade and a couple of washers.

Metz, I found my old blade and the washers that go with it. It measures almost 8 inches across. My offer still stands, I will mail it to you if you want it. It is a blade that looks like a circular saw blade. I tried several kinds and had best luck with that style rather than the 3 blade and whatever else is out there.

M

Mikel1

You guys do know this was over two years ago.

B

bassadict69

You guys do know this was over two years ago.

Guess I need to start looking at the dates! :confused2: