Broken LX178 hood. How do I fix it?

Rebeldad1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Title says it all.
Its broken above the pivot on the LH side as well as the RH pivot itself is broken.
Any advice on Fixing this?
Thanks!!

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Title says it all.
Its broken above the pivot on the LH side as well as the RH pivot itself is broken.
Any advice on Fixing this?
Thanks!!

I would try and glue something to it that would reinforce that area using some kind of epoxy or JB weld type material that says it will glue fiberglass or whatever it is made of...you didn't say.
Then drill the appropriate size hole and bolt it back on.
It's already broke, so you can't break it.
I would rough up the surfaces to allow good adhesion and put it on the inside where it won't show.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
AFAIK the LX sries have plastic hoods.
By far the best thig to do is remove it and take it to a repair shop that does motorcycles.
Most of them now do plastic welding amd they will do the job properly and quickly provided you bring them the hood, any broken pieces the bolt and clean every thing.

BBO

Threads
I suspect you will have to buy a new one.
I think the new hood come with new friction bushings that you probably need. Is the bumper OK?
Google "AM117724"
EBay has one for $230.
Standard price is over $300
The last place I found one was here..
http://www.mecparts.net/pages/CustomCatalog/Product/2731277

fk60

Forum Newbie
Threads
they can be repaired...just takes patience...I hit a tree branch with my lx 255 a few years ago and managed to find all the pieces and then over a few days used JB weld to glue them back together then re enforced the back of the hood with wire mesh and a lot of epoxy...sanded and then painted the hood, cant tell it was broken , the mechanic at the local JD dealer told me that's what they do to repair a hood. either that or buy a new hood which can be costly

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
post a pic so I can give my 2 cents....:laughing: