Briggs surge problem

wmg2

Threads
Have a 10 HP (model 220707 type 0641-01). Was leaking gas from the carb. Installed a carb kit and that cleaned that up. Now I get an engine surge at all speed ranges, seems like the engine starves for gas for a second. under load with me on the unit and the mower engaged the engines runs good, strong and steady. The unit sat for a couple of years before I purchased. Cleaned out the tank and put new fuel filter in before gas or trying to start. Suggestions?

DaveTN

Threads
Sounds like the engine is running too lean. Try and enrich the adjusting screw, that should give it more gas and level it out. That loping is the governor trying to hit the rpm. The GOVERNOR tries to pull the engine OUT of fuel, and the SPRING tension tries to pull the engine INTO fuel. The resulting balance of those two opposing forces is RPM!

wmg2

Threads
Sounds like the engine is running too lean. Try and enrich the adjusting screw, that should give it more gas and level it out. That loping is the governor trying to hit the rpm. The GOVERNOR tries to pull the engine OUT of fuel, and the SPRING tension tries to pull the engine INTO fuel. The resulting balance of those two opposing forces is RPM!

Have adjusted both the needle valve on top and the one going into the bowl. Does make a bit of a difference but does not get rid of it all.