Export thread

Briggs & Stratton ReadyStart Engine Technology Debuts on Riding Mowers

M

Muhammad

With the ReadyStart System now available on select Husqvarna riding mowers, the wait is over. ReadyStart is an automatic choking feature designed to start the engine within two 5-second cranking attempts.

Read this article on LawnWorld

Fish

Fish

It is the "Liam Neeson" of lawn mower technology!!!! But riding mowers?

RetiredGuns

RetiredGuns

I'm missing something here. I pull the choke on my 10 year old LT1042 and it starts in about 3 seconds...

Fish

Fish

Yes General!!! It is a tad different!!!!!!

M

motoman

A non BS fan here, but...is this more poppy cock like "platinum engine" badge engineering? Briggs should pursue quality in all things and their reputation might improve.

Chevychopper

Chevychopper

Sounds like just more to have to fix when it won't crank and start.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Sounds like just more to have to fix when it won't crank and start.

I second that.

EngineMan

EngineMan

I'm missing something here. I pull the choke on my 10 year old LT1042 and it starts in about 3 seconds...

What more do you need to ask for....!

exotion

exotion

People don't want to choke the engine them selves lazy people just wanna turn the key and go

M

motoman

Another example. New 2 stroke sears weed wacker. The pull cord is like pulling a rubber band. Then , at the end of the pull there is an anemic spin of the engine. The old straight pull cord is gone forever?

I

ILENGINE

Husqvarna using ready start on riders new technology, right. Husqvarna was using ready start on riders a few years ago. It was called the WE261 aka, weedeater one.

I have always thought the Stihl sping assist starter system on there chain saws to be anemic myself. Like pulling a rubber stretchy cord.

RetiredGuns

RetiredGuns

Dad has a 40+ year old Mac chainsaw and it bucks like a mule, but feels good when you pull the cord. I hate the new "springy" feel. Seems almost unavoidable with new equipment. I do have a Tanaka weed whacker that still has a nice pull.

I'm old enough to remember when "automatic chokes" were in car advertisements.

exotion

exotion

I loved my old Ford with the choke :) awesome