Briggs & Stratton 5 HP 130202-3273-01 Fuel Tank Issue

Thanks to IL and Bert for the crash course in small engine mechanics. I can certainly say that I have learned a lot on this particular journey. Thanks to you too, Tom for the supportive comments.

The new development for today is that I have discovered that B & S makes a control bracket for this configuration https://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Stratton-491266-BRACKET-CONTROL/dp/B002WNU904/ref=pd_ybh_a_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NS2MQ8F9979G869EE5DF

Anyone have any thoughts on how I could use this to my advantage? Thinking maybe attach to alternate tank. Not sure how linkage would line up. Any thoughts?
 
I will have to go & check but I am fairly sure the bolt holes on the old style carb and the newer styes are not the same so it will most likely require a complete carb & tank swap.
On a tiller you do not need the handlebar controls as you can lean down & work the throttle directly on the engine.
I have some trenchers , tillers & sewer snakes with this set up.
Thus a tank & carb from a 5Hp lawnmower should fit with a bit of fiddleing.

Go check out You Tube there are quite a few videos from people who have converted vertical engines to work horizontally ( not a good idea ) but all of them had to work around the carb & fuel tank which is what you are looking for.
A fair few videos of fittng a mower tank to a snow blower as they also suffer from your problem
 
Back
Top