Briggs & Stratton 27HP governor (2754GLS)

Kitt

Forum Newbie
Hey folks... I just replaced the crankcase gasket on my B&S motor, and now it's revving to the moon!

Anyone have useful info on how the governor should sit as you install the engine case? Thanks!

Chris
 
Having just replaced that same gasket on a 20hp within the last two weeks, hopefully I can help you. When I went to put it back together, I was wondering how to position that governor lever/shaft so the tab would engage the centrifugal weights properly. After looking at it, I decided to let the lever hang straight down as I slid the engine base/oil pan back onto the crankshaft. I was a little apprehensive the first time I fired it up as I didn't know if the governor would work....but it did. Of course I had the engine turned upside down when I reinstalled the base/oil pan.

The other possibility is that you didn't reconnect the two springs properly. When I went to reconnect them, I was sure where they went, but since I had another mower with a 26hp B&S nearby, I checked it just to be sure.

Does the governor lever move if you move it with your finger?
 
Back
Top