Engine Briggs Recoil

Grassbandit

Well-Known Member
I need help understanding exactly how to install the spring in those pull start assemblies.
Any tips or videos are welcome.
 
Whats the model, type& code as Briggs make quite a few recoil assy?

129H02-0105-E2 04040657

The spring has come away from the pulley and I need help understanding how to get it back in. I've watched alot of youtube videos but none of them show this type.
Those that do, already have the spring inside the pulley so its real easy to just screw it back on and away you go.
 
Unwind the mess of a spring and it will coil the way it should.

Coil the spring as tight as you can and there might be a little notch stickkng up and a hole on the spring.

Coil the spring until the notch reaches and clips in the hole.

The end of the spring on the outside will connect to the slot on the pulley.

Use the video to see which way it goes.
 
thanks everybody for your help, I got it done! Not so difficult once you have an idea of what you're doing.
This has always been a stumbling block for me. Plus when you buy a new pulley the spring usually comes installed so I never really got practice putting in the coil by itself.
 
Back
Top