J Jeff T Member Apr 28, 2020 #1 I believe the carb I have is past it's useful life. No replacement available B&S or chinese. Parts diagram lists a 499953 as a later carb for my engine. Safe to use in this circumstance??
I believe the carb I have is past it's useful life. No replacement available B&S or chinese. Parts diagram lists a 499953 as a later carb for my engine. Safe to use in this circumstance??
R Rivets Lawn Royalty Apr 28, 2020 #2 How about giving us the numbers off the engine or the mower? It might help your cause.
J Jeff T Member Apr 28, 2020 #3 It's a Little Wonder Edger. Carb has been gone through again and again. 3.5 Briggs, Model: 091202, Type: 1354-E1, Code: 0505 23YA.
It's a Little Wonder Edger. Carb has been gone through again and again. 3.5 Briggs, Model: 091202, Type: 1354-E1, Code: 0505 23YA.
R Rivets Lawn Royalty Apr 28, 2020 #4 With your date code the carb you should use is 499953. You have a 2005 engine, the other carb you listed is for engines built before 1998.
With your date code the carb you should use is 499953. You have a 2005 engine, the other carb you listed is for engines built before 1998.
J Jeff T Member Apr 28, 2020 #5 That makes sense. I looked at the 0505 as a lower number than the 9808, not as the build date. My bad. Thanks for your help!!
That makes sense. I looked at the 0505 as a lower number than the 9808, not as the build date. My bad. Thanks for your help!!