Briggs and Stratton Whirring

Killjoyz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All,

Trying to Convince my Dad there is no point trying to fix this B&S Engine.

Before I start loosing my Mind trying to fix it. Can you give me an idea if it will be a big fix?

Here is the video of the whirring sound I get. Is this a carb issue?

Briggs & Stratton - YouTube

What Do I need to look at for fixing this?

FYI Engine Family ybsxs.1901vc

Regards,
Anthony

scott47429

Threads
its hunting all you need to do is take the carb apart and clean it real good

Edrdking

Threads
You may also want to check the filter make sure u r getting right air mixture in there

Killjoyz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks,

I did check the air filter and it's fine.

Do you think if I poured some seafoam in there it will clean up the carb? Or is something I could use so I wouldn't have to take apart the carb?

Regards,
Anthony

scott47429

Threads
its not hard to do just take your time and watch how it comes apart take a few picturs if you need to before you start but its a easy job

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your low speed jet a have dirt in it. Take the carburetor apart and clean out all the small hole with a aerosol can of carburetor cleaner. Less then 5 dollars at any auto parts store. Just be careful with the gaskets and you can use them over. Just lay things out as you take the carburetor apart so you know how it goes back together. Also when you remove the carburetor from the mower mark the linkage so you know where it goes when you reinstall it. Not a bad job just take your time so you know how things go back together. Some people even take pictures before they take things apart.

Edrdking

Threads
It's best if u just take the carb apart. If u go slow and don't rush u should be ok.make sure u don't lose the needle and inspect the float make sure it's not cracked. U may want to use a small piece of wire to clean through the small little holes. I usually leave the carb in pieces over night in gas so that it softens all gunk or debris up.

Killjoyz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Briggs and Stratton Whirring FIXED

Finally got around to taking it apart.

It was a cracked intake manifold.

Too bad I stretched the governor spring.

Thanks guys.