Briggs and Stratton V Twin Front Engine Oil Leak Only On Downhill Grade

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Briggs and Stratton V Twin Front Engine Oil Leak Only On Downhill Grade
When I was still teaching one of the shops we worked with used the UV method, which worked very well if you had the time. Problem was when you are away from the shop many times you had no power for the light. Other problem was hydraulic systems which needed a lot of tracer dye to get through all the hoses and cylinders. At my age I can’t justify the cost, when I can get the same results with a can of baby powder.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The UV light handheld is power by a 3.7v lithium rechargeable battery so it very portable. or if I want a weak light 1.5v alkaline battery. Personally as far as to costs go here the customer gets billed for the dye. Just got it is output the right wavelength light. Many AC techs use these in the field.

61u9-whE63L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We didn’t have those available back then. Star, I know you are just trying to teach this old dog a new trick, but at my age, the toolbox is full and the brain can only handle so much. Just talked my better half into getting a couple of new air tools, as my guns were getting weak. Her comment: HOW MANY TOOLS DOES A MECHANIC NEED? You can guess my answer.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yelp, As many as it takes.

I had a Campbell Hausfeld impact that was a gutless wonder, even the cheap off the wall Chinese one had more power. I finally was able to afford an AirCat 1150; boy what a world of difference. I did however had to replace all my air fittings with V style, those M's just doesn't have enough air flow.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
We didn’t have those available back then. Star, I know you are just trying to teach this old dog a new trick, but at my age, the toolbox is full and the brain can only handle so much. Just talked my better half into getting a couple of new air tools, as my guns were getting weak. Her comment: HOW MANY TOOLS DOES A MECHANIC NEED? You can guess my answer.
Did you tell her that was a stupid question?
Mine gave up years ago.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No, after 45 years we just know when the battle isn’t worth fighting. It’s like telling some members on this forum they’re in over their heads. They don’t listen, just keep on talking. Now if either of us want something most of the time we just buy it and tell the other two weeks later that we’ve lost the return receipt. Saves a lot of headaches.