Brand New B&S Intek 8230

Deerlane

Threads
Ok. I thought you meant, it stops and won't start again until it cools or move things around.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it likes to cut out/die on slopes, that would indicate a layer of water in the carb bowl, it lays in the bottom of the carb
until you hit an incline or hit a bump, and would take some extra cranking to start again to burn off that slurp of water.

When you are trying to check for spark when the battery is low, the engine may not be cranking fast enough to produce
a good spark.

So drop the bowl off of the carb and dump it, it is unfortunate that they don't have a drain plug like on a Honda.

You also might check your valve clearances, they may be on the tight side, making it want to shut down when hot,
and not want to restart until cooled off.

Both of these ideas are free, and not too difficult, and should be a thing you do anyway.

keychange

Threads
If it likes to cut out/die on slopes/QUOTE]

Fish it does NOT like to cut out on slopes. All of my posts I have said that " engine cuts ( which may be legitimate)" in other words it may be my wife moving her cute little a... too much and triggering the cut out OR we may stop and turn the engine off. The problem is NOT the engine stopping - IT IS NOT the problem. The problem is that after it has stopped ( for whatever reason ) on many occasions it will not then restart.

The conundrum is what fault can let the engine run with no issues ( and I do mean no issues ) - but will not let it re-start .... it is only re-starts. Normal cold starts are perfect.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
well, can you borrow a neighbor's fat wife, just to isolate that angle/????

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
If not, can I borrow her?????

keychange

Threads
Well Sunday week ago I spent 2 hours removing every switch and connector cleaned and replaced. I then tested for half an hour in the rain and no fault.

On Thursday my wife mowed the full garden - 2 acres stopping and starting without a hitch until she stopped the mower outside the shed and it would not restart. So I went out for a look and clearly saw that the 3 wire connector coming from the engine, the red wire had come completely out of the connector. When I checked the pin it was clearly not crimped properly - in fact it was barely crimped - BINGO here was the intermittent fault!

I reconnected it then on Saturday gave it a workout with a trailer hauling wood up to the house ready for our winter to start. This involved maybe a dozen stops and starts all perfect. Hooray!

Thanks everyone for help and now I have to remember to cancel my neighbour's fat wife visit :laughing: