Bought new 2022 Maverick 60 inch Kohler today

awill99

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any things I should be aware of as I begin to use it? A couple of people have warned me about quickly throwing drive belts. Will check belt tension before using. Any body seen any long term weak spots? Any add ons that are worth it?

Thanks,
Arnold

Mower King

Threads
They are a good mower, you should like it well! Just start it, shut it off and engage blades at full throttle!
Run it at full throttle anytime you are using it.....you have better results, all around!

J B

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know this thread is a couple of months old. I just got my new BB maverick yesterday May 31 first and mowed my lawn for the first time when I got it home. I noticed right away the vibration of the machine is very bad! I mowed for an hour and 45 minutes before getting off of the Maverick. My feet were nearly numb when I went to get off. Has anyone else had this problem? Also it won't track straight at all. when going WOT I have to pull the right steering arm back 1 1/2 " to get it going straight. I am very disappointed with this machine!!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you buy this unit from a dealer or Big Box store? Sounds to me like it has not be setup properly. If you bought it from a dealer I would be taking back and have them set it up properly and find the cause of excessive vibration. This should cost you nothing. If purchased at a Big Box store you now have another problem. Many stores say it is the customers responsibility to set up the equipment. If they refuse to help you resolve the problem you will have to take it to an authorized dealer to have the problem resolved. If the problem is caused by customer setup, you will be responsible for the cost of repairs.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take it back
Sounds like a blade is bent or not fitted properly.
Send the shop an email so you have written proof should this end up in a long warranty claim
This time next year when the frame splits in 1/2 , he said , they said I said will not get you anywhere but I sent them this email a week after delivery will .

awill99

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any things I should be aware of as I begin to use it? A couple of people have warned me about quickly throwing drive belts. Will check belt tension before using. Any body seen any long term weak spots? Any add ons that are worth it?

Thanks,
Arnold
I have same unit, Never engage blades at low speed. I engage at middle throttle-full throttle engagement is tough on belt and bearings. When cutting grass I adjust engine speed based on grass height and load. I mow about 9 real acres of grass and weeds with mine that includes a 2.5 acre lake and 1 acre pond . I have never once had to run full throttle on the Kohler engine even in very thick tall grass, Running full throttle all the time shortens engine life and fills up air filter quicker. Also after each use I open the air filter cover and brush off any grass or dust since its so accessible. I added 2 in trailer hitch to tow small trailers and fertilizer and seeder carts and a advanced chute system.

BigBlueEdge

Threads
I don't have the Maverick manual, but I know for the Rogue the manual states to engage blades a WOT. Engaging at lower RPMs causes belt 'flopping' that is worse on the system than the instant shock of WOT engagement.