Bolen qt17 won't fire on left cylinder

derrickgibbs

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, I have a bolens with the 17hp kohler kt17. I cannot get the left side to fire. It has great spark, changed the plugs, wires, coil, condenser all twice. It will start and run on one cylinder and I can even blow snow, but left cylinder will not fire at all even with good spark. Remove plug and soaked with fuel. Checked compression 105 left, 107 right. Have recently replaced head and gasket on that side, checked valves and piston and appear to be functioning correctly. This thing is driving me crazy! Thanks for any help.
D

tybilly

Threads
so the left cylinder head is cold after you shut it down?compared to the right side wich is hot?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does it have dual carbs? Are they both functioning properly

derrickgibbs

Forum Newbie
Threads
so the left cylinder head is cold after you shut it down?compared to the right side wich is hot?

Yes, cold left side, pulled valves and 1 spring is 3/16" shorter than other? Would that cause my problem

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you have compression within 15% between the two, and you say the plug is wet (fuel and not oil wet) I would still look on the spark side..!

derrickgibbs

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you have compression within 15% between the two, and you say the plug is wet (fuel and not oil wet) I would still look on the spark side..!

Rechecked compression after running engine and it was 70-85 left and 107 right, of course only running on 1 cylinder

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Its time again to take off the head and check head gasket and valves on that side.