bobcat

Threads
I have a had time believing it can give a quality cut at 12mph this sounds like transport speed

I think if you keep the blades super sharp it can (in a perfect world) cut well at 12 mph, since most of those mowers have a high BTS. But a lot of my yards are too bumpy and I would fly off of the seat if I went that fast. What I'm trying to say is that the mowers probably can cut well at that speed, but a lot of the time conditions won't allow for it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think if you keep the blades super sharp it can (in a perfect world) cut well at 12 mph, since most of those mowers have a high BTS. But a lot of my yards are too bumpy and I would fly off of the seat if I went that fast. What I'm trying to say is that the mowers probably can cut well at that speed, but a lot of the time conditions won't allow for it.

I don't think even at a high bts that a machine going 12 mph would be able to achieve vacumn enough to cut without leaving straglers

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know guys tha run bob cats and Dixie choppers and mow as fast as it will go and the cut is just as good as going slow. Some of them are rated at 4 to 5 acres a hour

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

edd

Threads
i cut a smooth area in front of the dealership and it cut good at top speed......that was the predator pro.....my new diablo will cut at 14 mph in a perfect world..BUT...what i have found out is that even smooth yards have small ridges and bumps that wont allow you to go that fast for long if at all.......about 10--11 mph would be a good consistant cut speed......the bobcat procat will do that.....the hustler x 1 was more machine than i thought it would be.....11 mph.....the difference is that at 11 mph it is tapped out and the diablo is at a fast idle.....but an x-1 with 54 '' deck would be suitable for anything most people cut.....diablo was priced 150 dollars less out the door ......i cut a 1 acre lot on diablo saturday and finished in less than 30 minutes......i figure 2 1/2 to 3 acres per hour will work,maybe 4 depending on type of ground.....these adds about 6 acres per hour must be calculations and not real world mowing

sgmgarden

Threads
I would definitely recommend Bobcat as a strong brand! Their products are made to a very high standard and speaking from experience, they do produce reliable machines which is important.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would definitely recommend Bobcat as a strong brand! Their products are made to a very high standard and speaking from experience, they do produce reliable machines which is important.

I have never used their mowers but I have used some really big bobcat equipment doing construction they were definately built to take abuse

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

My Gravely is rated at 10mph, and since getting used to a ZTR I've been mowing pretty consistently at about 8mph without any uncut stragglers(I'm one who doesn't believe in running ANY machinery at it's maximum speed for extended periods...I can justify short bursts on real even terrain, but not just "pedal to the metal" constantly). Now that I've installed a mulch kit(because of the extremely mild & wet summer we have had in middle TN making the grass grow fast & thick resulting in excessive clippings), I've had to slow down a bit to get the desired effect of mulching. I'm now probably running at about 6mph, which on a 1.5-2.0 acre lot doesn't take that much longer and I must say the cut I made this past weekend(first time since I installe the Gravely mulch kit that the grass was REALLY dry from 3-4 consecuting sunny days with temps in the 80's) I am ecstatic about the performance of the Gravely mulch kit. BARELY any clippings underneath the deck when finished and following the 1/3 rule(cutting 1/3 of the total uncut height of the grass) the fine layer of clippings pushed back into the cut area cannot be seen at all....but seem to give somewhat of a "striping effect" look to the yard(from cutting different directions each pass and the vague tire marks). I want to get the Gravely hex striper kit but just the mulching kit alone makes my yard look MUCH better than when I was cutting with the OEM blades and side-discharging. I'm gonna have to post some pics in the "Striping, Gotta Love It" thread just so you guys won't think this ole Gravely fanboy is just blowin' smoke:0)

Threads
My Gravely is rated at 10mph, and since getting used to a ZTR I've been mowing pretty consistently at about 8mph without any uncut stragglers(I'm one who doesn't believe in running ANY machinery at it's maximum speed for extended periods...I can justify short bursts on real even terrain, but not just "pedal to the metal" constantly). Now that I've installed a mulch kit(because of the extremely mild & wet summer we have had in middle TN making the grass grow fast & thick resulting in excessive clippings), I've had to slow down a bit to get the desired effect of mulching. I'm now probably running at about 6mph, which on a 1.5-2.0 acre lot doesn't take that much longer and I must say the cut I made this past weekend(first time since I installe the Gravely mulch kit that the grass was REALLY dry from 3-4 consecuting sunny days with temps in the 80's) I am ecstatic about the performance of the Gravely mulch kit. BARELY any clippings underneath the deck when finished and following the 1/3 rule(cutting 1/3 of the total uncut height of the grass) the fine layer of clippings pushed back into the cut area cannot be seen at all....but seem to give somewhat of a "striping effect" look to the yard(from cutting different directions each pass and the vague tire marks). I want to get the Gravely hex striper kit but just the mulching kit alone makes my yard look MUCH better than when I was cutting with the OEM blades and side-discharging. I'm gonna have to post some pics in the "Striping, Gotta Love It" thread just so you guys won't think this ole Gravely fanboy is just blowin' smoke:0)

Yes, pictures!